Jack Williams supports conservative Republican principles.
- Pro-life and has been endorsed by Alabama Citizens for Life
- A strong supporter of the 2nd amendment – Jack recently attempted to lower the gun permit fee in Jefferson County – he believes citizens pay too much for the right to protect their home and property.
- A strong advocate for lower taxes and smaller government. Jack has passed legislation cutting taxes at the state and local level. Jack has successfully sponsored legislation that has cut taxes on Alabama citizens and businesses.
- Jack has been a strong advocate for the business community and has been endorsed by several key business groups that employee many people in District 47 and the surrounding area.
- Jack has been a key supporter in making certain our local schools stay strong and have fair funding from the state.
- Jack has also been a strong advocate for UAB. He recognizes the impact UAB has on our local economy and the excellent jobs created by the millions of dollars that come into UAB for medical research.
A pro-business conservative, Jack wants to:
- Help create new jobs by giving tax incentives to small business owners and industry
- Pass tougher ethics laws to punish corrupt public officials
- Hold BP accountable for all damages to our environment and economy
- Reduce government spending
- Make our schools the most effective and efficient in the country
- Lower property taxes for senior citizens
- Lower property taxes for new home buyers
Jack has worked to protect our families by:
- Passing legislation criminalizing human trafficking
- Sponsored legislation to strengthen laws against criminal gang activity
- Fighting bloated budgets that led to proration in our schools.
- Supporting Pro-life and Pro-family initiatives